Pages

Monday 24 November 2014

Strike Percussion

STRIKE PERCUSSION
Today at 9; 30 Strike Percussion came to Dairy Flat School! When I first heard that strike percussion were coming to school I got really excited.

When we first walked in Strike percussion introduced them selves to us. The leader Tom first said to us "hi I’m Tom and this is my band Strike Percussion". He also said "on my right hand side is Flipper. Let me explain why his name is Flipper". Just then Flipper did a full back-flip right in front of us.  It was amazing and everyone was stunned. When everyone snapped out of it Tom introduced the Hitman, the best drummer in the world. Once everyone was introduced they did their first song called Territory.

After Territory,  Tom called up Mrs Forlong and Mrs Thomson who had a battle of the drums. Mrs Thomson’s numbers were 2 and 4 and Mrs Forlong’s numbers were 1,2,3 and 4. They battled the drums to death until they were so exhausted they collapsed. Tom said "you teachers are even stevens in drumming". 
Next was the log drum’s from South Africa.  Before they started that part of the show they picked 6 people to play the log drum’s.  The beat was ba ba ba ba bababababa. After that it was a massive bow and it was all over.  Personally, I thought it was the best show ever in my life!!!!!  

By Joshua McGill 






No comments:

Post a Comment